Sunday, September 1, 2013

2013 Young Bird Races

     Well, the time I've been waiting on has finally come.  Since way back in January when I put my Breeders together, this is the time I've been planning for.
     Our first club race was August 24th.  The weather was hot with a really strong tail wind.  I was concerned about the birds being blown past home into the heat of the day.  I chose six birds to go to the race......they all came how together and were the first six birds in the race.  The second race of the season heat again was a big factor with only a slight head wind.  This race wound up being a real challenge.as the birds were released into very cloudy sky's and then they met rain.  All of the birds made it home but much slower than the 1550 yards per minute of the first race.

No comments:

Post a Comment